Enter legal issue and location
Houston Medical Malpractice Defense Law Firm
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Don Karotkin, Attorney at Law
Previous Law Firm Name
- Karotkin, Chase & Erwin
- Medical Malpractice Defense 65%
- Dental Malpractice Defense 10%
- Transportation Law / Trucking 10%
- Ethics / Professional Responsibility 5%
- Insurance Law 5%
- Legal Malpractice Defense 5%
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury -- Defense
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Administrative Hearings & Adjudication
- Aviation Accidents -- Defense
- Commercial Insurance
- Defamation & Privacy -- Defense
- Dental Malpractice
- Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Federal Appellate Practice
- Federal Trial Practice
- Fidelity, Guarantee & Surety
- Insurance Malpractice
- Life & Health
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicle
- Multidistrict Litigation
- Other Professionals Malpractice
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Premises Liability -- Defense
- Property & Casualty
- Property Damage -- Defense
- Slip and Fall -- Defense
- State Appellate Practice
- State Trial Practice
- US Supreme Court
- Wrongful Death -- Defense
- Assault & Battery -- Defense
- Don Karotkin was selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers by TEXAS MONTHLY magazine, 2008 - 2010
Classes and Seminars
- Disruptive Behavior and the Law, The Medical Protective Company, 2011 - Present
- The Medical Protective Company
- Texas Medical Liability Trust
- National Interstate Insurance Company
- Frontier Insurance Company
- St. Luke's Episcopal Health System
- Attorney Protective Company
- Catlin Insurance Underwriters, Inc.
- Fortress Insurance Company
- Bonner v. Texas Children's Hospital, 2006 WL 349510 (Tex. App. - Corpus Christi 2006)
- In re Patel, 2004 WL 163001 (Tex. App. Houston 14th Dist. 2004)
- Peters v. Polk County Memorial Hospital, 7 F.3d 229 (5th Cir. 1993)
- Jackson v. Coldspring Terrace Property Owners Ass'n, 838 S.W.2d 320 (Tex. App. El Paso 1992)
- Winn v. Di-Minno Hudson, 1990 WL 122119 (Tex. App. Houston 1st Dist. 1990)
- Coleman v. Lumbermen's Mut. Cas. Co., 786 S.W.2d 445 (Tex. App. Houston 1st Dist. 1990)
- Loftin v. Martin, 776 S.W.2d 145 (Texas Supreme Court 1989)
- Aramco Services Co., v. Redland Fabricating and Welding, Inc., 752 S.W.2d 184 (Tex. App. - Houston, 14th District 1988)
- Kupor v. Solito, 687 S.W.2d 441 (Tex. App. Houston 14th Dist. 1985)
- Martinez v. F.M.C. Corp., 666 S.W.2d 654 (Tex. App. Corpus Christi 1984)
- Montanye v. Transamerica Ins. Co., 638 S.W.2d 518 (Tex. App. Houston 1st Dist. 1982)
- McClung v. Komorn, 629 S.W.2d 813 (Tex. App. Houston 14th Dist 1982)
- Paulus v. Lawyers Surety Corp., 625 S.W.2d 843 (Tex. App. Houston 14th Dist. 1981)
- Nowlin v. Wheeler, 617 S.W.2d 809 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 14th Dist. 1981)
- Lawyers Surety Corp. v. Snell, 617 S.W.2d 750 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 14th Dist. 1981)
- Chrysler Corp. v. Schuenemann, 618 S.W.2d 799 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 1st Dist. 1981)
- Lawyers Surety Corp. v. Hall, 590 S.W.2d 762 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 14th Dist. 1979)
- Fillion v. Osborne, 585 S.W.2d 842 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 1st Dist. 1979)
- Fidelity & Cas. Co. of New York v. Swayzer, 583 S.W.2d 850 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 1st Dist. 1979)
- British Overseas Airways Corp. v. Tours and Travel of Houston, Inc., 568 S.W.2d 888 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 1st Dist. 1978)
- Morris v. Kaylor Engineering Co., 565 S.W.2d 334 (Tex. Civ. App. Houston 14th Dist. 1978)
- Warren v. Davis, 539 S.W.2d 907 (Tex. Civ. App. Corpus Christi 1976)
- Aetna Cas. & Sur. Co. v. Ahrens, 414 F.Supp. 1235 (S.D. Tex. 1975)
- Ms. Teresa Canant
- Mr. Mel Troha
- Ms. Amy Opelt
- Mr. Jim Cartier
- Mr. Keith Prince
- Mr. Ron Kaminski
- Mr. Rick Bolin
- Don Karotkin (Principal)
Accepts Credit Cards
675 Bering DriveSuite 660 Houston, TX 77057
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.