Enter legal issue and location
Evansville Civil Litigation Lawyer
About Steve Barber
Frequent Case Types
Read more about the types of cases I often handle.
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Litigation
- Construction Law
- Labor Law
- Trust and Estate
- Real Estate
- Hayden v. Hayden, 456 B.R. 378 (USBC, S.D. Ind., 2011) (No. 10-71828-BHL-7, 11-57002) (Nondischargeability Bankruptcy)
- Regan v. Uebelhor, 690 N.E.2d 1222 (Ind.App., Jan. 29, 1998) (No. 19A01-9707-CV-219) (Trust)
- Hollingsworth v. Key Ben. Adm’rs., Inc., 658 N.E.2d 653 (Ind.App., Dec. 12, 1995) (No. 82A05-9510-CV-383) (Venue)
- Limp v. State, 457 N.E.2d 189 (Ind., Dec. 20, 1983) (No. 981 S 242) (Criminal)
- Hemenway Memorial Presbyterian Church of Ohio Valley Presbytery of Synod of Lincoln Trails of United
- Presbyterian Church v. Aigner, 443 N.E.2d 93 (Ind.App. 1 Dist., Dec. 14, 1982) (No. 1-382 A 72) (Reverter Clause)
- Limp v. State, 431 N.E.2d (Ind., Mar. 2, 1982) (No. 981 S 242) (Criminal)
- Moll v. South Central Solar Systems, Inc., 419 N.E.2d 154 (Ind.App. 1 Dist., Apr. 14, 1981) (No. 1-580A133)(Franchise)
- Brown v. State, 403 N.E.2d 901 (Ind.App. 1 Dist., Apr. 29, 1980) (No. 1-1178A337) (Criminal)
- B&D Corp. v. Anderson, Clayton & Co., 180 Ind.App. 115, 387 N.E.2d 476 (Ind.App. 1 Dist., Apr. 2, 1979) (No.1-177A1)(Class Action)
- Reilly v. Robertson, 266 Ind. 29, 360 N.E.2d 171, 14 Fair Empl.Prac.Cas (BNA) 852, 13 Empl.Prac.Dec. P 11, 626(Ind., Feb 22, 1977) (No. 376 S 92) (Pension - Class Action)
- Sidle v. Majors, 264 Ind. 206, 341 N.E.2d 763 (Ind., Feb. 16, 1976) (No. 475S96, 275S42) (Constitutionality ofGuest Act)
- Breckinridge v. Bristol-Myers Co., 624 F.Supp. 79, 40 Empl. Prac. Dec. P 36,185 (S.D.Ind., July 19, 1985) (No.EV 83-34-C) (Dual Employment and Age Discrimination)
- Buxton v. Lovell, 559 F.Supp. 979 (S.D.Ind., Feb. 1, 1983) (No. EV 79-184-C) (Due Process)
- Angevine v. Sullivan, 881 F.2d 519, 26 Soc.Sec.Rep.Serv. 514, Unemplo.Ins.Rep. (CCH) P 14864A (7 Cir. th (Ind.),Aug. 15,1989) (No. 88-2454) (Social Security)
- Alvey v. General Elec. Co., 622 F.2d 1279, 104 L.R.R.M. (BNA) 2838, 89 Lab.Cas. P 12, 115 (7th Cir. (Ind.), June11, 1980) (No. 79-1636) (Labor)
- City of Evansville, Ind. v. Kentucky Liquid Recycling, Inc., 604 F.2d 1008, 13 ERC 1509, 9Envtl. L. Rep. 20,679(7th Cir. (Ind.), Aug. 9, 1979) (No. 78-1578) (Federal Common Law of Nuisance Doctrine)
- Lewellyn v. Gerhardt, 513 F.2d 184 (7th Cir. (Ind.), Mar. 21, 1975) (No. 74-1443) (Abstention)
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Evansville Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- American Trial Lawyers (Member)
- University of Evansville, Adjunct Professor, 1976 - 1993
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
Honors: Order of the Coif
- Indiana University, 1970
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Legal Writing for Paralegals, Southwestern Publishing Co., 1993
- Legal Research, Lawyers Cooperative Publishing, 1996
- “The Valuation Expert in a Family Law Setting”, I.C.L.E.F., 2004
- “Estate Litigation: Procedure and Evidence”, I.C.L.E.F., 2002
- “Prenuptial Agreements: Some Tax and Non-Tax Planning Techniques”, I.C.L.E.F., 1997
- "(Cost) Effective Use of Expert Witnesses," I.C.L.E.F., 1986
- "Is this Any Way to Treat a Guest?" I.C.L.E.F., 1980
124 SE 1st StreetSuite 101 Evansville, IN 47708- 1713
Other Sources of Feedback About Steve Barber
Included on the 2023 Indiana list
- 2022 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- 2007 Indiana Super Lawyers list
- Indiana Super Lawyers - Recognized in General Litigation, 2007-2011, 2020-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyer in America – Indiana, 2020-2021
- "Lawyer of the Year: Indiana”, 2020-2021, 2007 - 2011
- “Lawyer of the Year” in Real Estate Law in Evansville, 2020
- Best Family Law Lawyer, 2020-2021
- Recognized in Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Law and Trusts and Estates, 2020
- The American Registry
- 2021 Midwest Lawyer of the Year
- Doran Perdue Service Award
- “Lawyer of the Year” in Trusts and Estates in Evansville, 2021-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America recognition in Commercial Litigation
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.