Enter legal issue and location
Beverly Hills Legal Expert Witness Law Firm
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Law Offices of Lawrence H. Jacobson A Professional Corporation
Frequent Case Types
Read more about the types of cases we often handle.
- Legal Expert Witness
- Estate Planning
- Spirit of CEB Award
- "Inverse Condemnation, Foreseeability Abandoned in California", 13 U.C.L.A. Law Review 871, 1966
- "Lessor's Bankruptcy", 1 Real Estate Law Journal 152, 1972
- "State Regulation of Stock Cooperatives", 7 Beverly Hills Bar Journal 12, 1973
- "The California Lottery Law", 48 California State Bar Journal 58, 1973
- "Independent Motion Picture Productions", 9 Beverly Hills Bar Journal 33, 1975
- "Broker's Liability for Sale of Defective Homes", 52 Los Angeles Bar Journal 346, 1977
- "Resolving Real Estate Disputes Through Arbitration", 27 Am. Jur. Trials 621, 1980
- "Appraiser's Liability for False or Negligently Prepared Appraisal", 12 Appraisal Review and Mortgage Underwriting Journal 20, 1990
- "Acquisition of Mortgage Banking Assets", 36 San Fernando Valley Bar Bulletin (4-9) 10, 1993
- "Phantom Income - Understanding Taxable Gain From Foreclosure", Los Angeles Daily Journal, Real Property Law, 1995
- "The Expert Witness in Real Estate Litigation: A User's Guide", Real Property Law Reporter, 2004
- The Award Winning CEB Treatise
Classes and Seminars
- Lecturer, California CEB
- Adjunct Professor, "Law", University of San Fernando Valley, School of Law, 1982 - 1983
- Instructor, Broker Development Program, University of Southern California
Pro Bono Activities
- The Beverly Hills Bar Association
- The Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Temple Ner Maarav, Board of Directors
- Valley Industry & Commerce Associations, Board of Directors
- Moss & Company
- Newport Beach Association of Realtors
- Sothebys International Realty
- Best, Best, Krieger
- Bronson, Bronson, McKinnon
- Buchalter, Nemer Driskell & Gordon
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Greenberg, Glusker, Fields, Claman, Machtinger & Kinsella
- Hill, Ferrar & Burrill
- Jeffer, Mangels, Butler & Marmaro
- Lieb & Adelman
- MacCarley & Rosen
- Manfredi, Lerine, Eccles & Muller APC
- McCarthy & Kroes
- Meir, Alexander & Dean
- Plotkin, Marutani & Kaufman
- Riley & Reiner
- Rockwell & Meyer
- Rutan & Tucker, LLP
- Rutter Hobbs & Davidoff
- Russell, Mirkovich & Morrow
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton
- Shulman Hodges & Bastian LLP
- Smith & Grant LLP
- Spolin Silverman Cohen & Bosserman LLP
- Woodburn and Wedge
- Law Offices of Diane B. Sherman
- Law Offices of Gary Adler
- Law Offices of Julian A. Pollock
- Law Offices of Howard A. Kapp
- Law Offices of Larry D. Mikelson
- Law Offices of Richard Kolber
- Law Offices of Rodney T. Lewin
- Law Offices of Timothy Peabody
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP
Accepts Credit Cards
9401 Wilshire BoulevardSuite 1250 Beverly Hills, CA 90212- 2945
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.