Enter legal issue and location
Lexington Intellectual Property Lawyer
About Elizabeth A. Deener
Current Employment Position(s)
- Intellectual Property
- Education Law
- Government Liability
- Product Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Railroad Law
- Kentucky, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2005
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2008
Specialties and Certifications
- Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2005
- Kentucky Bar Association (Education Law Section, Vice Chair)
- Kentucky Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section)
- Kentucky Bar Association (KBA Mentoring Task Force)
- Kentucky Counsel of School Board Attorneys
- National School Board Association, Counsel of School Board Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute (Intellectual Property Section)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI Child Product Group: 2010 Parental Negligence Doctrine Compendium - Kentucky)
- Fayette County Bar Association (Women Lawyers Section Steering Committee)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1997 - 2001
Classes and Seminars
- Lawfully Managing Student Records Without Violating Privacy Rights, Presenter, CLE Presentation-Louisville, KY , - 2013
- Breakout A: Hot Topics in School Law, DRI Civil Rights and Governmental Tort , - 2013
- Kentucky Special Education Law, Presenter, CLE Presentation-Lexington, KY, - 2012
- Kentucky Law Update, Presenter, 2012: KBA Mentoring Program Update, - 2012
- Hon. Eugene E. Siler, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Law Clerk, 2004 - 2005
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, 2004
Law Review: Kentucky Law Journal, , 2002 - 2004
- Georgia Institute of Technology, 2001
Honors: Dean's List
Major: Chemical Engineering
Fraternities and Sororities
- Alpha Gamma Delta
- Alpha Chi Sigma
Accepts Credit Cards
- The Diminishing Attorney Client Privilege: Knorr-Bremse, For the Defense, August, 2007
- Outside Counsel Guidelines and Insurance Defense, 2003 KBA Student Writing Competition; 1st Place
- Effects of Inorganic Fillers on the Thermal Degradation of Plastics to Oil, University of Kentucky ChEGSA Chemical Engineering Symposium, 1996
106 West Vine Street, Suite 800P. O. Box 951 Lexington, KY 40507
Other Sources of Feedback About Elizabeth A. Deener
Included on the 2023 Kentucky list
- 2022 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- BV Peer Review rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Fayette County Bar Association Outstanding Young Lawyer, - 2011
- Kentucky Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2017
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Law Clerk, Judge Eugene E. Siler, Jr. , 2004 - 2005
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky-Intern, Judge Jennifer B. Coffman, Spring 2003
- Kentucky Law Journal
- Georgia Institute of Technology President's Scholarship
- John Todd Shelby Memorial Scholarship (UK Law)
- Georgia Tech Faculty Honors
- Kentucky Advisory Committee of the United States Commission on Civil Rights (USCCR) 2019
- Super Lawyer 2020-2022
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2023, Litigation - Insurance
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.