Enter legal issue and location
Albany Personal Injury Lawyer
About Ryan M. Finn
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Rights
- New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Justinian Honorary Law Society (Member)
- New York State Bar Association (Trial Lawyer Section and Commercial and Federal Litigation Section) (Member)
- Albany County Bar Association (Vice Chair Commercial/Appellate Practice Committee) (Member)
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association (Member)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers (Member)
- Defense Research Institute (Trucking Law Committee; Commercial Litigation Committee; Product Liability Committee; Trial Tactics Committee; Construction Law Committee; and Employment Law Committee) (Member)
- Transportation Lawyers Association (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Backlash Discrimination
- Intro to Civil Practice Skills: Torts and Insurance, Premises Liability: Burden of Proof And Defenses
- Human Resources law: What you need to know, Fair Labor Standards Act
- Damages in Personal Injury, Negotiating and Litigating the Damages
- Damages in Personal Injury, Quantifying Damages
- National Business Institute, Expert Testimony
- National Business Institute, Damages
- Practical Skills--The Trial, Expert Testimony
- National Business Institute CLE, Understanding the Law of Damages
- National Business Institute CLE, Plaintiff's Personal Injury From Start to Finish
- Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology Fall Symposium, Facebook Firing: The Intersection of Social Media, Employment & Ethics
- Employment Law Update, ADA and FMLA
- Employment Law Update, Employment Discrimination
- Basics of Civil Practice - The Trial Experts
- Albany County Bar Association, Article 78 Proceedings
- Practical Skills-How To Commence a Civil Lawsuit, The Deposition
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York, 2005
Honors: summa cum laude
Honors: Justinian Honorary Law Society
Law Review: Albany Law Review, Member
- Siena College, 2002
Major: Political Science
12 Sheridan Ave Albany, NY 12207
Other Sources of Feedback About Ryan M. Finn
Included on the 2023 Upstate New York list
- 2022 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- Named as a "Best Lawyer in America" 2017-present
- Named to the list of "Best Law Firms in America"
- Named as a "Super lawyers" 2013-present (an honor given to less than 5% of lawyers)
- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40, New York State, 2015
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.