Enter legal issue and location
Michael is a member of the firm's Litigation Department who has extensive experience in sophisticated and complex litigation matters in both federal and state trial courts and appellate courts.
His additional specialties include: Commercial Litigation, Motor Vehicle Franchising; Banking Litigation, Lender Liability Defense, Franchise Litigation Defense, Municipal Law Litigation and Government Contracts Litigation
About Michael J. Coyne
Current Employment Position(s)
- Of Counsel
- Massachusetts, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1983
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
- East Longmeadow Conservation Commission, 1990 - 1993 (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Instructor, "Negotiable Instruments", National Institute of Banking, 1986 - 1992
- Instructor, "Economics", Springfield Technical Community College, 1981 - 1983
- American Institute of Banking, Instructor, 1984 - Present
- Childrens Study Home, 1984 - 1988
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts, 1983
- Western New England College, 1979
- University of Miami, 1978
Accepts Credit Cards
33 State Street Springfield, MA 01103
Other Sources of Feedback About Michael J. Coyne
Included on the 2011 Massachusetts list
- Designated as "SuperLawyer", Boston Magazine, 2011 - Present
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.