Enter legal issue and location
Albany Construction Law Lawyer
About John J. Phelan III
Current Employment Position(s)
- Senior Partner
- Founding Partner
- Construction Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
- Negligence Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Products Liability
- Commercial Law
- Labor Law
- Employment Law
- New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- American Bar Association (Member)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers (Member)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Albany County Bar Association (Member)
- New York State Bar Association (Products Liability Committee, Member)
- New York State Bar Association (Professional Liability Committee, Member)
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Member)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Member)
- Panel Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association (Member)
- New York State Bar Association
- American Academy of Malpractice Lawyers (Charter Member)
Pro Bono Activities
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Capital District Pop Warner, Team Coach
- Capital District Pop Warner, Former Board Member
- Guilderland High School Varsity Football team, Team Photographer
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York, 1982
- College of the Holy Cross, 1978
300 Great Oaks BoulevardSuite 315 Albany, NY 12203
- (518) 640-6955
Other Sources of Feedback About John J. Phelan III
Included on the 2023 Upstate New York list
- 2022 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Who’s Who In American Law
- Top 1% of Trial Counsel for Medical Malpractice Defense Attorneys in New York State
- The Litigation Counsel of America, Senior Fellow
- Order of the Centurions (Over 100 Jury Verdicts), Member
- International Academy of Construction Lawyers, Fellow
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.