Enter legal issue and location
Greenbelt Employment Law Firm
Our staunch advocacy benefits both large and small employers, executives, employees and sexual harassment victims in and around the Washington, D.C., area. We are friendly, but we are fighters. Let us offer you the stalwart representation and deep experience you need to strive for a successful outcome in your case.
About Jay P. Holland, Esq.
- Qui Tam
- 2018 Washington DC Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Washington DC Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Washington DC Super Lawyers list
- Benchmark magazine, Local Litigation Star, 2012 - 2014
- Included on the 2018 Maryland list
- American Lawyer Media, Maryland Top Lawyer, 2013
- Employment Law: Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
- "Are mortgage loan officers exempt from the FLSA? Supreme Court asked to review Labor Department’s interpretation process," Thomson Reuters, Westlaw Journal, Volume 29 Issue 10, December 9, 2014
- Co-Author, “The Family and Medical Leave Act: A Practitioner’s Guide,” MSBA Employment Law Deskbook, (MSBA, 2014)
- "When Whistleblowers are Silenced,” AAJ Trial magazine, August 2010
- “Top Ten Tips for the Uninitiated Under the False Claims Act: What the Tour De France and Botox Have in Common,” DC Trial Lawyers magazine, April 2013
- Courts Enforcing Broad Whistleblower Protections; Amendments to False Claims Act expanded remedies for retaliation against contractors and others, The National Law Journal, April 13, 2015
Classes and Seminars
- Seminar Speaker, Labor and Employment Law Topics for Bar Associations and other organizations
- Presenter, “Regulating Employer Hiring Decisions,” Maryland Chamber of Commerce Labor and Employment Law Conference, November 2014
- “Litigation Tips for Employment Cases,” panel moderator, Montgomery and Prince George’s County bar associations, February 2013
- “Whistleblower False Claims Act Cases,” seminar presenter, Maryland Employment Lawyers Association Conference, 2010 and 2013
- Jay P. Holland (Principal)
Accepts Credit Cards
6404 Ivy LaneSuite 400 Greenbelt, MD 20770
Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 5:30pm, Saturday-Sunday: Closed
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.