Enter legal issue and location
Englewood Litigation Lawyer
Before joining Goodspeed Merrill, Mr. Kovacevic was a commercial litigator with Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons LLP (now Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP), clerked for the Honorable Hilda G. Tagle, U.S. District Court Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and interned with the Honorable Boyd N. Boland, U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
About Miro Kovacevic
Current Employment Position(s)
- Partner and Litigation Department Chair
- Real Estate
- Colorado, 2004
- Texas, 2022
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2005
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations, Member
- Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Section Executive Council (2022-2025)
- Colorado Bar Association Leadership Training Program (COBALT), Graduate (2013)
- COBALT Executive Council and Alumni Committee, Co-Chair (2016-2018)
- COBALT Alumni Committee, Member (2014-2015)
- Colorado Bar Association, Board of Governors, Member (2014-2016)
- Colorado State Board of Licensure for Architects, Professional Engineers, and Professional Land Surveyors, Public Member (2019-2020)
- Colorado Fifth Judicial District Judicial Performance Commission, Member (2013)
- American Red Cross, Mile High Chapter, Volunteer (2014-2017)
- Colorado and Wyoming Region for the American Red Cross, External Relations Section Chief (2015-2016)
- "SWARM" Division of the American Red Cross, Data Reporting Task Group, Volunteer Member (2016-2018)
- Continental Divide Land Trust Board of Directors, Member (2010-2013)
Pro Bono Activities
- Colorado Bar Association Leadership Training Program (COBALT), Graduate, 2013
- COBALT Executive Council and Alumni Committee, Co-Chair, 2016 - 2018
- COBALT Alumni Committee, Member, 2014 - 2015
- American Red Cross, Mile High Chapter, Volunteer, 2014 - 2018
- Colorado and Wyoming Region for the American Red Cross, External Relations Section, Chief Volunteer, 2015 - 2016
- "SWARM" Division of the American Red Cross, Data Reporting Task Group, Volunteer Member, 2016 - 2018
- Continental Divide Land Trust Board of Directors, Member, 2010 - 2013
- Honorable Hilda G. Tagle, U.S. District Court Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Law Clerk, 2004 - 2005
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the Honorable Boyd N. Boland, United States Magistrate Judge, Judicial Intern, 2004
- National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Brian J. Day, Ph.D., Research Associate, 2000 - 2001
- Colorado Fifth Judicial District Judicial Performance Commission, 2013
- State Board for Licensure for Architects, Professional Engineers, and Professional Land Surveyors, Member, 2019
- Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons LLP, Commercial Litigator
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado, 2004
Honors: Managing Editor, Denver University Law Review; Chairman, Honor Board
- The Pennsylvania State University, 2000
- DePauw University, 1997
Minor: English Literature
- Denmark International Studies, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1996
- Trinity College, Oxford University, Oxford, England, 1997
Accepts Credit Cards
- Kovacevic, Removing Common Interest Community Association Board Members, 51 Colo. Law. 38 (February 2022)
- Chapter Author, Evidence in Colorado: A Practical Guide, 3rd Ed. (Jake C. Eisenstein ed., CLE in Colo. Inc., 2021)
- Kovacevic, M., The False Claims Act: Government Employees as Qui Tam Plaintiffs in the Tenth Circuit, 80 Denv. U. L. Rev. 625 (2003)
9605 South Kingston CourtSuite 200 Englewood, CO 80112
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.