Enter legal issue and location
Houston Admiralty and Energy Law Firm
Two Allen CenterSuite 1600 Houston, TX 77002- 0125
- (877) 543-9161
Sedgwick Chudleigh Ltd. E.W. Pearman Building 20 Brunswick Street Hamilton HM 10 , Bermuda 441-296-9276
Sedgwick LLP 520 Pike Street Suite 2200 Seattle, WA 98101 - 4093 (206) 462-7560
Sedgwick LLP 9155 S. Dadeland Boulevard Dadeland Centre, Suite 1208 Miami, FL 33156 - 2739 (305) 670-4777
Sedgwick LLP 2 World Financial Center 225 Liberty Street 28th Floor New York, NY 10281 - 1008 (212) 422-0202
Sedgwick LLP 2400 E. Commercial Blvd. Suite 1100 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308 - 4044 (954) 958-2500
Sedgwick LLP Three Gateway Center 12th Floor Newark, NJ 07102 - 4072 (973) 242-0002
Sedgwick LLP One North Wacker Drive Suite 4200 Chicago, IL 60606 - 2841 (312) 641-9050
Sedgwick LLP 2900 K Street NW Harbourside, Suite 500 Washington, DC 20007 - 5127 (202) 204-1000
Sedgwick LLP 919 Congress Avenue Suite 1250 Austin, TX 78701 - 3656 (512) 481-8400
Sedgwick LLP Fitzwilliam House 10 St. Mary Axe London EC3A 8BF , England 44-20-7929-1829
Sedgwick LLP 1717 Main Street Suite 5400 Dallas, TX 75201 - 7367 (469) 227-8200
Sedgwick LLP 3 Park Plaza 17th Floor Irvine, CA 92614 - 8540 (949) 852-8200
Sedgwick LLP 801 S. Figueroa Street 19th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90017 - 5556 (213) 426-6900
Sedgwick LLP (Main Office) 333 Bush Street 30th Floor San Francisco, CA 94104 - 2806 (415) 781-7900
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.