Encino Estate Planning Law Firm
Law Offices Of Gerald L. Kane: We Help Clients Through All Of Life’s Transitions
Attorney Gerald L. Kane founded our Encino law firm, the Law Offices of Gerald L. Kane, in 1994. Over the past 20-plus years, our firm has earned a reputation as a leading law firm in Southern California. This excellent reputation has resulted in clients from Greater Los Angeles, Woodland Hills and the San Fernando Valley regularly turning to us for assistance with a variety of legal matters, including:
• Estate planning
• Elder law and Medicaid planning
• Veterans benefits
• Special-needs planning
• Business succession planning
• Business formation and planning
We dedicate a significant portion of our practice to helping our elderly clients and their families make intelligent legal decisions that helps ensure their savings aren’t wiped out due to long term care costs or other poor decisions. We have become a life care planning law firm so we can take a holistic approach that focuses on all aspects of our clients’ well-being, including Medicaid planning and VA benefits planning, card coordination, asset management, estate planning, and insurance planning. We are now able to help our elderly clients navigate the maze of health care and long-term care benefits, put in place an action plan, and oversee and advocate on behalf of our clients to ensure they don’t become victims of neglect or abuse.
Mr. Kane began his legal career in 1994 after earning his law degree from the San Fernando Valley College of Law and his admission to the State Bar of California. He immediately went into private practice by establishing his own firm, which has allowed him to focus on our clients' needs and provide individually tailored service.
Personalized Legal Services Focused On Your Needs And Goals
Whether you need guidance for protecting the interests of an elderly loved one, a business or your own well-being, our experienced attorney at the Law Offices of Gerald L. Kane can help you. He will take the time to understand your situation and your goals and to build a plan to help you reach those goals. To learn more about how we can help you, you can schedule a free initial consultation at our Encino law office.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.