Enter legal issue and location
New York Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Ms. Wickman graduated cum laude from St. John's University in 1998 and earned her Juris Doctor from the St. John's University School of Law in 2001. After graduation, she worked at a Park Avenue general practice law firm as an associate where she worked on personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Ms. Wickman worked in this capacity for three years before moving to the medical malpractice department of a prestigious personal injury law firm. While there, she secured numerous multimillion-dollar medical malpractice settlements in cases involving failures to diagnose cancer, improper surgeries and improper infant deliveries. Her continued success led her to open her own firm in 2009. In addition to medical malpractice, her practice specializes in traumatic brain injury cases and personal injury. As a sole practitioner, she dedicate her time and energy directly to her clients. Her office is located in downtown Manhattan.
Ms. Wickman is the Co-Vice Chair of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New York State Trial Lawyer's Association. She is also the recipient of the Pen Award from Governor Andrew Cuomo for her work correcting the statute of limitations for cancer patients who were not timely diagnosed. Ms. Wickman is also a member of many other professional organizations, including the Brooklyn Women's Bar Association, the Kings County American Inns of Court, the North American Brain Injury Society and the New York State Bar Association. She is licensed to practice in New York and New Jersey and speaks fluent Italian.
About Victoria Wickman
Current Employment Position(s)
- Sole Practitioner
- Medical Malpractice
- Traumatic Brain Injury Cases
- Personal Injury
- New York
- New Jersey
- New York State Trial Lawyer's Association
- Nathan Sobel Inns of Court, Kings County
- Columbian Lawyers of Kings County
- North American Brain Injury Society
- New York State Bar Association
- Brooklyn Women's Bar Association
- Co-Vice Chairperson of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Classes and Seminars
- Overcoming Causation in Birth Trauma Cases, NYSTLA, - 2021
- Parental Liability, Inns of Court, - 2021
- Working Remotely During a Pandemic, NYSTLA, - 2020
- Direct Examination in Medical Malpractice Cases, NYSTLA, - 2020
- Medical Malpractice Trial: what you need to know, NYSTLA, - 2020
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors Bishop Kearney High School, 2005 - 2007
- Sullivan Papain Block McGrath & Cannavo, P.C., Associate, 2004 - 2008
- Kurzman Karelsen & Frank, LLP, Associate, 2001 - 2004
- St. John's University School of Law, 2001
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: Director Moot Court Honor Society
- St. John's University, Jamaica, New York, 1998
Honors: Dean's List
Major: English and Political Science
40 Exchange PlaceSuite 500 New York, NY 10005
Other Sources of Feedback About Victoria Wickman
Included on the 2023 New York Metro list
- 2022 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2021 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2020 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2019 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2018 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2017 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2016 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2015 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2014 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- 2013 New York Metro Super Lawyers list
- Pen Award given by New York State Trial Lawyers Association
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.