Enter legal issue and location
Livermore Family Law Lawyer
In the last several years Katharine has represented high asset complex financial cases almost exclusively. She and her team represent high net worth individuals in order to navigate through support and business valuations in the most cost-effective manner as possible. Katharine equally represents the high income earner spouse and the supported spouses of high income earning spouses who may not be forthcoming about their income or assets in order to investigate, reveal and present true financial data to the court for appropriate support and property orders. The litigation team at FLG is well versed in investigating and obtaining financial information in all types of industries including the mortgage industry; automotive dealerships; banking; wealth management; medical and law practices; food and hospitality; real estate; venture capitalist; manufacturing; professional athletes and many others.
Katharine also represents clients in the preparation and negotiation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and post-judgment enforcement litigation of those asset individuals.
She received her Bachelor's Degree from Azusa Pacific University, graduating cum laude. She graduated from Regent University School of Law and was admitted to practice law in 2006. She is licensed to practice law in all California Courts. Katharine is a member of the American Bar Association and American Bar Family Law Section, the California Bar Association and California Bar Family Law Section, the Alameda County Bar Association, the Alameda County Family Law Association, and the Contra Costa Bar Association. Katharine served on the Board of Directors for the California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA), Section of the CA State Bar (2009-2011), and was elected Chair of the Communications Committee in 2010. Additionally, she was a member of the State Bar Social Media Task Force (2010-2011) which was responsible for launching FaceBookTM and TwitterTM sites for the State Bar Sections. She is a member and 2009 and 2012 President of the Eastern Alameda County Bar Association.
In 2013 and 2014 Super Lawyers Magazine named Katharine top 2.5% of lawyers under 40 in the State of California.
Katharine has a passion to assist individuals with complex family law litigation matters and transition through one of life's most difficult experiences as quickly, painlessly, and successfully as possible.
About Katharine F. Hooker
Current Employment Position(s)
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section (Member)
- California Bar Association (Member)
- California Bar Association, Family Law Section (Member)
- Alameda County Bar Association (Member)
- Alameda County, Family Law Association (Member)
- Contra Costa Bar Association (Member)
- California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA) (Board of Directors)
- Section of the California State Bar, 2009 - 2011
- California State Bar, 2010 (Elected Chair, Communications Committee)
- Eastern Alameda County Bar Association, 2009 - 2012 (President)
- Eastern Alameda County Bar Association (Member)
Pro Bono Activities
- State Bar Social Media Task Force, 2010 - 2011
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 2006
- Azusa Pacific University
Honors: cum laude
Accepts Credit Cards
- Simple Chronology of a Divorce Case, Eastern Alameda County Bar Journal, Flim Flam, Volume 11, Issue #3, March, 2010
- Frequently Asked Questions in Child Custody/Visitation Cases, Eastern Alameda County Bar Journal, Flim Flam, Volume 10, Issue #8, November, 2008
- CEO & Founder of Great Young Attorney, Inc.,, Training for New Attorneys, as Featured by LexisNexis
- The Family Law Office Blog
101 East Vineyard AveSuite 201 Livermore, CA 94550
Other Sources of Feedback About Katharine F. Hooker
Included on the 2023 Northern California list
- 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- Super Lawyers Magazine Named Katharine top 2.5% of Lawyers Under 40 in the State of California, 2013
- Super Lawyers Magazine Named Katharine top 2.5% of Lawyers Under 40 in the State of California, 2014
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.