Enter legal issue and location
Lake Charles Admiralty & Maritime Law Firm
About DeRosier Law Firm
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Social Security -- Disability
- Insurance Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Products Liability Law
- State, Local & Municipal Law
- James Foster DeRosier (Attorney)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
125 W. School Street Lake Charles, LA 70605- 1611
- (337) 478-6624
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
Jimmy DeRosier was very responsive, promptly delivering positive results in mitigating my speeding ticket. The action preserved my driving record and I avoided court appearance, all for a reasonable fee.
Recommends this Law Firm
Okay, in a hurry getting back from visiting family over Christmas... a large speed trap (6+ patrol cars) set up just entering Lake Charles, LA. Jimmy at DeRosier's Law Firm got my lawless indiscretion turned in to 1-year of probation judgment with a clean slate as long as I didn't get another traffic stop in Louisiana within the year. Sent a copy of the ticket and a modest attorney's fee to Jimmy and was able to drop the incident from my mind. Received a letter 3 or 4 months later in the mail exactly as the lawyer advised. This is how the legal system should work for minor traffic infractions by normal, law-abiding citizens. A pleasure working with DeRosier Law Firm. If you have a problem in the Lake Charles area, I can highly recommend you use this law firm.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.