Enter legal issue and location
Spotsylvania Family Law Firm
We represent people in a wide range of legal areas...
We represent people in a wide range of legal areas...Whether you are facing a divorce, criminal charges or a civil suit, it is vital to have an experienced, straight-talking professional on your side to help you navigate the legal system. At the law firm of Leigh S. Gettier, Attorney at Law, our lawyer has been helping protect the rights of individuals in Virginia since 2001. We provide one-on-one attention that adheres to strict standards of discretion and confidentiality.
We represent people in a wide range of legal areas. We handle all family law issues, from divorce to child custody and property division. We also help people who have been charged with a crime build a strong criminal defense. In addition, we handle a variety of civil litigation matters, from contract disputes to matters involving construction defects. When you retain our services, our attorney will personally handle every aspect of your case, never passing the work onto a paralegal or an associate.
About Leigh S. Gettier, Attorney at Law
- Criminal Law
- Leigh Stanley Gettier (Attorney)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
9137 Courthouse RdSte 200 Spotsylvania, VA 22553- 1888
Mon-Fri: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM, Sat: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sun: Closed, Sat-Sun by Appointment Only
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.