Atlanta Trial Practice Lawyer
Jimmy Williams' practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and white-collar criminal defense in federal and state courts. He has defended and counseled clients in connection with domestic and international contract disputes, Fair Credit Reporting Act claims, civil CERCLA contribution claims, and other commercial matters. He also has participated in internal corporate investigations on behalf of clients and has defended and counseled clients with respect to threatened or pending state and federal criminal prosecutions under the False Claims Act and mail/wire fraud statutes. His experience includes managing discovery in pending litigation, conducting factual investigations relating to allegations implicating both criminal statutes and potential civil causes of action, taking and defending depositions, drafting briefs and motions before federal courts, and participating in and leading successful settlement negotiations on behalf of clients.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.