Enter legal issue and location
David enjoys building the best strategy for a successful outcome for his clients. Getting to know each client and the impact of their injuries is a key component of this analysis. David has considerable experience creating favorable settlement agreements on behalf of his clients using dispute resolution methods such as mediation and judicial settlement conferences.
When trial is necessary in order to pursue a fair outcome, David excels at presenting his clients' story. He has extensive experience as an advocate for clients in both the Virginia circuit court and general district court. Recognizing that the litigation process can be unfamiliar and even intimidating for many, David takes pride and pleasure in guiding his clients through each step.
David grew up in Buena Vista, Virginia. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Religion from Wake Forest University, graduating summa cum laude. He then went on to earn his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law. David has published on topics related to litigation in wrongful death cases and trial procedure, and regularly speaks on litigation topics. He believes in giving back to the legal community and is active in the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, where he served as President of the Young Trial Lawyers Section from 2013-2014.
David is also focused on his community and serves on the Board of Trustees for the Charlottesville Waldorf School.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.