Enter legal issue and location
Troy Divorce Lawyer
About Kristen L. Robinson
Current Employment Position(s)
- Senior Partner
- Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Post Judgment Enforcement and/or Modification
- Complex Divorce
- Michigan, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2002
- The Family Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan (Member)
- The Family Law Council (Elected Member)
- Michigan Inter-Professional Association (Member)
- The Oakland County Bar Association Family Court Committee (Member)
- Rochester Bar Association (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Initial Consultations, OCBA Intro to Practice Series Family Law, 2014
- Trial v. Arbitration in Divorce, OCBA Intro to Practice Series Family Law, 2013
- Did you know? Little known facts to better represent your family law clients, State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section, Mid Winter Seminar, 2013
- Judgments in Family Law Cases, OCBA Intro to Practice Series Family Law, 2012
- Family Law for Senior Citizens, OCBA Senior Law Day, 2011
- Spousal Support, OCBA Intro to Practice Series Family Law, 2011
- Attorney Solicitation, State Bar of Michigan, Representative Assembly, 2009
- Child Support and Spousal Support, OCBA Intro to Practice Series Family Law, 2009
- Creative Outlets for Lawyers, State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section, Annual Meeting, 2006
- Initial Pleadings, State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section, Drafting Divorce Practice Documents, 2002
- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, Michigan, 1999
Honors: cum laude
- Hope College, 1993
Accepts Credit Cards
Heritage Square Building1755 West Big Beaver Road Troy, MI 48084- 3510
- (248) 614-9095
Other Sources of Feedback About Kristen L. Robinson
Included on the 2023 Michigan list
- 2022 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Michigan Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.