Enter legal issue and location
New Orleans Insurance Defense Law Firm
The attorneys at DeRouen Law Firm have built a track record of dynamic, effective representation that has earned our firm numerous honors including an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, and inclusion in New Orleans Super Lawyers and New Orleans Maganize's Top Attorneys. Our firm possesses the skills, resources, work ethic and reputation to protect our client's bottom lines and market positions.
We focus on insurance defense, including all manner of insurance coverage disputes, bad faith litigation, SIU (insurance fraud) claims as well as transportation law, construction law and business disputes. Our legal team has porven its ability to manage complexity, expose evidence, build winning cases and go the distance for our clients.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About DeRouen Law Firm
- Insurance Defense
Classes and Seminars
- "Cell Phones, GPS, and Other Telltale Methods of Uncovering Fraud in Trucking Cases - How the Use of Technology Can Uncover Fraud and Win the Battle of Credibility at Trial", Defense Research Institute, Annual Meeting, October 26th 2012
- “Dealing with Disasters – Emergency Management For Your Company and Law Firm -Considerations for Medium and Small Law Firms and Businesses” , Transportation MegaConference IX, CLE Conference, March 5-6th 2009
- “Water Under and Over the Bridge: Litigating Property Cases in the Wake of Hurricane Katrina”, Southeastern Claims Executive Association, Annual Meeting, April 24th 2006, Hutchinson Island, Florida
- “Is it Covered? Recent Developments in Automobile Insurance Coverage”, Louisiana State Bar Associations sponsored CLE conference, November 5th 2004
- “Better Understanding Your Client and The Trucking Industry”, Transportation Megaconference VI - CLE Conference, April 17-18th 2003
- “Automobile Insurance Coverage Issues”, Destination Disney/LSBA Multi-Topic CLE Seminar, CLE Conference, March 3-5th 2003
- “21st Century Challenges Which Face the Trucking Industry and its Lawyers”, Transportation Megaconference V, CLE Conference, March 15th 2001
- “Automobile Insurance” The Who’s, What’s, Where’s and When’s of Coverage”, Insurance Law: Those Continuing and Never Ending Changes CLE Conference, October 2nd 1998
- Annual Presentations to various clients on multiple topics including Insurance Coverage, Extra-Contractual issues, SIU issues, Katrina and Catastrophe Litigation, Business Interruption Claims, and Recent Developments in Louisiana Law
Pro Bono Activities
- Non-Flood Protection Asset Management Authority (Non Flood Portion of former Orleans Levee District), 2011 - Present
- Ducks Unlimited - Area Chairman/Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, 1998 - 2007
- Committee for a Better New Orleans, Member of Sub-Committee, City Government & Finance, 2000 - 2004
- St. Pius X Men's Club, 1998 - Present
- Lakeshore Property Owners Association, 2000 - 2004
- Acorn Adoption Agency Board of Directors, 1995 - 2000
- Loyola University College of Business Administration Executive Advisory Board, 1986 - 1993
- Loyola University Alumni Board of Directors Young Alumni Representative, 1989 - 1991
- Lobbying and Governmental Relations
- Patrick D. DeRouen (Managing Partner)
650 Poydras StreetSuite 1913 New Orleans, LA 70130- 7218
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.