Lafayette Bankruptcy Law Firm
Filing for Chapter 7, Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy can be an extremely difficult decision and cause a lot of stress in your life. You might not know what is going to happen next, or even what you can do to regain control over your situation. At the Richoux Law Firm, in Lafayette, Louisiana, I help clients who are considering filing for bankruptcy.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.