Enter legal issue and location
Lake Forest Estates and Trusts Litigation Lawyer
About Jeffrey P. O'Kelley
Current Employment Position(s)
- Estates and Trusts Litigation 70%
- Estate Planning and Administration 20%
- Commercial Litigation 10%
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2010 - Present (Member)
- Lake County Bar Association, 2011 - Present (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Guest Lecturer at Loyola University School of Law
- June 2015: Ethical Considerations in the Trust and Estate Context Waukegan, IL, LCBA
- July 2015: Wills and Trusts, Everyday Law radio program, 98.3 WRLR FM
- November 2015: Powers of Attorney, Everyday Law radio program, 98.3 WRLR FM
- February 2016: The Basics of Estate Planning, Waukegan, IL LCBA
- April 2016: Overview and Analysis of Estate of LaPlume, Libertyville, IL, LCBA
- November 2016: The Ernie Banks Estate Controversy, Lake Forest, IL, LCBA
- March 2017: An Overview of Wills and Trusts, Round Lake, IL
- October 2017: The Deceased Debtor, Libertyville, IL, LCBA
- October 2018: Interesting Issues in Fiduciary Litigation
- November 2018: Probate Considerations in Litigation
- Lake County Bar Association Trusts and Estates Committee, Annual committee seminar
- Best, Vanderlaan & Harrington, Attorney, 2010 - 2011
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois, 2009
Honors: With Honors
Honors: Recipient of Multiple CALI Awards
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, 2004
Major: English and Rhetoric
Accepts Credit Cards
- The Evolving Law Surrounding Quantum Meruit Claims (co-author), ISBA Trusts and Estates Newsletter, Vol. 59, No. 6, 2013
- Probate and ‘Underwater’ Real Estate: The Promise of LaPlume (co-author), Illinois Bar Journal, June, 2015
- Financial Exploitation of an Elderly Person or Person with a Disability (co-author), Lake County Bar Association Docket, May, 2017
191 E. Deerpath RoadSuite 300 Lake Forest, IL 60045
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Other Sources of Feedback About Jeffrey P. O'Kelley
Included on the 2019 Illinois list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.