Enter legal issue and location
Augusta Corporate Business Law Lawyer
About Scott D. Lewis
Current Employment Position(s)
- Corporate Business Law
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Tax Law & Personal Asset Protection
- South Carolina
Specialties and Certifications
- CPA certification
- Augusta Bar Association
- Augusta Estate Planning Council
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member – Georgia-Carolina Counsel of the Boy Scouts of America
- Leadership Augusta alumni
- Legal Counsel for the Augusta Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, 2008
Honors: Deans' List
Law Review: University of South Carolina Law Review, Editor
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
Master of Accountancy
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, 1998
Masters of Business Administration
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: With Distinction
- University of South Carolina, 1991
Honors: Dean's List
One 10th StreetSuite 700 Augusta, GA 30901
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.