Enter legal issue and location
Prospect Family Law (Divorce, Custody, Visitation) Lawyer
About Lisa C. Dumond
Current Employment Position(s)
- Family Law (Divorce, Custody, Visitation)
- Guardian ad Litem and Attorney for Minor Children
- Wills and Estate Administration
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate
- Waterbury Bar Association (Member)
- Connecticut Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Alumni Association, 2013 - Present (Executive Board Member)
- Post University Alumni Association (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Associate Professor, Legal Studies Program (Courses Taught - Family Law, Civil Procedure, Real Estate, Wills, Trusts & Estate Administration), Post University, Waterbury, Connecticut, 2011 - Present
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut, May, 2010
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Senator-Student Bar Association, 2008-2009
Honors: Constitutional Law Excellence, 2010
Honors: Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, Constitutional Law, 2008
Honors: Academic Achievement: Honors, Appellate Clinic-Prosecutorial, 2008 - 2009
Law Journal: Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal, Candidate, 2008 - 2009
- Post University, Waterbury, Connecticut, May, 2005
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Honors: summa cum laude
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: Award of Excellence-Legal Studies Program, 2005
Honors: Alpha Chi Honor Society
- The Undeserving Heir: Domestic Elder Abuser’s Right to Inherit, 23 QUINN. PROB. L.J.214, 2010
- Overview of the Quest for Defining the Role of AMC/GAL, State of CT GAL/AMC Training Program, 2010
50 Waterbury RoadSuite 2C Prospect, CT 06712
Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm; Saturday-Sunday: Closed
Other Sources of Feedback About Lisa C. Dumond
Included on the 2022 Connecticut list
- 2021 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Connecticut Super Lawyers list
- Super Lawyers
- Rising Star, 2014 - 2019
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.