Enter legal issue and location
Flushing Traffic Violations Law Firm
About Barbara Wilkanowski, Attorney At Law
Previous Law Firm Name
- Queens County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- English (Primary)
- Traffic Violations
- Criminal Defense
- Construction Violations
- Fire Code Violations
- JLJ IV Enterprises, Inc.
- Barbara Wilkanowski (Attorney)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
189-27 39th Avenue Suite 125 Flushing, NY 11358
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM- 7:00 PM
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.