Enter legal issue and location
Shelton Divorce Law Firm
OverviewI am an attorney with over 20 years experience. I provide quality and affordable legal services to my clients. I have a focus on divorce and family law issues. I will offer straight forward advice with clear plans as how to reach the client's goals.
About The Law Offices of James A. Cuddy, LLC
Previous Law Firm Name
- James Cuddy
- English (Primary)
- Child Support
- Family Law
- Custody and Visitation
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
Classes and Seminars
- Information for new homeowners, Newton Savings Bank, 2007 - 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Represented various family law clients pro bono, 2000 - Present
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
525 Bridgeport AvenueSuite 201 Shelton, CT 06484- 3844
8:00 am - 6:00 pm M-F Saturday Appointments Available
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.