Enter legal issue and location
New York Transactions Lawyer
• Served as lead counsel representing Hyatt Equities L.L.C. in the negotiation of a Purchase and Sale Agreement and related documents for the sale of the Grand Hyatt New York, including documentation of the purchaser's obligation to include a new Hyatt-branded hotel in its redevelopment at the site. This transaction involved a lengthy negotiation, careful planning, and coordination with co-counsel in various disciplines, including condominium matters, tax and litigation.
• Representation of The Durst Organization on all phases of its joint venture, acquisition, development and financing of the 2.5 million square feet Halletts Point waterfront project in Astoria (which is to include 2,400 market-rate and affordable apartments), including the negotiation of joint venture operating agreements, development agreements, various agreements with City agencies, construction loan financing, EB-5 preferred equity financing, and extensive title work.
• Representation of an institutional investor in a joint venture to acquire an office complex in Philadelphia for $328 million, and obtaining a $240 million mortgage loan and a $60 million mezzanine loan for the acquisition.
• Representation of an institutional investor in connection with multiple joint ventures, preferred equity investments, and mezzanine loans to acquire properties of various types (including multi-family properties and office properties) across the United States with different developer partners.
• Representation of Somerset Partners in the $450 million sale of a trophy office building at 1801 K Street N.W. in Washington, D.C.
• Representation of an owner-operator of a property in Brooklyn in connection with a joint venture with a major development group to develop the site into a 200-plus unit rental apartment building with retail and community facility space.
• Representation of a major developer in the joint ventures, acquisitions and financings for two hotel development projects in Manhattan.
• Representation of Mactaggart Family & Partners Ltd. as investor member in a joint venture with a major real estate investment manager to acquire and develop property in West Palm Beach, Florida.
• Representation of The Durst Organization in a $50 million note on note financing relating to property in Long Island City.
• Representation of Black Hawk Healthcare LLC in the financing of 10 nursing home facilities in the State of Iowa through a term loan and revolving line with NBH Bank.
• Representation of a real estate developer in connection with the negotiation of a joint venture for the ownership and development of 244 and 246 West 18th Street, New York, NY, and in connection with the financing of the same with a loan made by Emerald Creek Capital.
• Representation of a major developer in making a loan to the owner of a development site in Jersey City and obtaining a purchase option to acquire the site.
• Representation of a real estate investor in a lease amendment with, and the granting of an easement to, Costco Wholesale.
• Representation of a real estate investor in various matters concerning its Manhattan office building, including leasing office space, refinancing the building and access agreements
• Representation of a developer in the acquisition and financing on various sites in Queens, which will be developed as residential new construction.
• Representation of subsidiaries of Rubicon US REIT in the sales of GSA-leased properties across the United States.
• Representation of Quinlan Development Group in connection with the financing of numerous sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
• Representation of the fee owner of the Terminal Commerce Building in Philadelphia in connection with the sale thereof.
• Representation of multi-property owner in connection with the leasing of various retail spaces throughout Manhattan.
• Representation of the owner of a retail condominium unit in a lease to Capital One Bank, N.A.
• Representation of a national shopping center investor in the purchase and sale of retail properties across the United States.
• Representation of the tenant in the leasing of a full floor at the Hippodrome Building.
• Representation of New York Trans Harbor LLC, d/b/a New York Water Taxi, owned by The Durst Organization, in the sale of the New York Water Taxi business to a subsidiary of New York Cruise Lines, Inc.
Arielle received her bachelor's degree with great distinction from McGill University, and her J.D., magna cum laude, from Brooklyn Law School. Arielle is licensed to practice law in New York.
About Arielle Frost
Current Employment Position(s)
Year Joined Firm
- Joint Ventures
- Acquisitions & Sales
- New York, 2009
Classes and Seminars
- “Filling the Capital Stack: Creative Joint Ventures to Close Deals,” Bisnow’s NYC State of the Market, November 2022
- CLE: Joint Venture Agreements, June 2020
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, 2008
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Moot Court Honor Society
Law Journal: Brooklyn Journal of International Law
- McGill University, 2005
Honors: With Great Distinction
733 Third Avenue New York, NY 10017- 3204
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.