Enter legal issue and location
Irvine Business Litigation Law Firm
About Thomas Whitelaw
- Business Litigation
- Joseph E. Thomas (Managing Partner / Co-Founder)
- James M. Whitelaw (Co-Founder / Partner)
- William J. Kolegraff
- Michael Martello (Senior Counsel)
- Susan M. Rutten
- William S. Sanderson (Partner)
- Grant Thomas
- Tierra Mendiola (Senior Litigation Paralegal)
- Jack Williams IV
- Paul F. Rafferty
18101 Von Karman AvenueSuite 230 Irvine, CA 92612
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
I hired Joe Thomas for a legal dispute with a OC municipality. We settled with the insurance company for seven figures. Although that sounds good, the reality is, I was still out of money with the seven figure settlement. Joe botched the entire trial. He also had the check made payable to his firm and had the check sent the his office. He deposited the money and paid himself first. It turns out the settlement agreement did not hold up. I had another lawyer review Joe’s work and he told me that Joe Thomas significantly over charged me. Joe is highly unethical and unprofessional.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.