Enter legal issue and location
Sweetwater Energy Law Firm
For more than 40 years, the firm has immersed itself in traditional forms of energy, such as oil and gas law, as well as wind and solar law...
For more than 40 years, the firm has immersed itself in traditional forms of energy, such as oil and gas law, as well as wind and solar law...Wetsel, Carmichael, Allen, & Lederle, L.L.P., in Sweetwater, a leading energy law firm in Texas, provides comprehensive representation regionally and across the U.S. to landowners, oil and gas companies, renewable energy companies and other parties involved in both oil & gas and renewable energy projects.
For more than 40 years, the firm has immersed itself in traditional forms of energy, such as oil and gas law, as well as wind and solar law. The firm's attorneys handle everything from negotiating and drafting landowner lease agreements, negotiating easements, defending condemnation proceedings and other litigation to advising companies and local governments on tax abatement issues and everything in between.
About Wetsel, Carmichael, Allen, & Lederle, L.L.P.
Previous Law Firm Name
- Wetsel & Carmichael, LLP
- Energy Law
Classes and Seminars
- “Texas Tax Abatements”, 2009 Civil Law Seminar, Texas District and County Attorneys Association, Dallas, Texas, May 27, 2009
- "Solar Energy-Toward a Unified Energy Lease," Lone Star Solar Summit, Sweetwater, Texas, April, 2009
- "Landowner Issues in Wind & Solar Leasing," New Mexico Landmen's Association Spring Seminar, Roswell, New Mexico, May, 2010
- “10 ½ Most Important Wind Lease Clauses”, Texas Tech School of Law, April, 2013
- “Avoid Voidance – How to Draft Oil and Gas Legal Descriptions in Compliance with the Texas Statute of Frauds,” The Center for American and International Law, May 2, 2013, and May 14, 2015, Houston, Texas
- “Selected Issues in Multi-Party Lease Negotiations,” Wind Energy Law Symposium, Texas A&M School of Law, November 15, 2013, Fort Worth, Texas
- "What it Takes to Put Together a Wind Energy Project," State Bar of Texas CLE Webcast, Wind Energy Law Update, February 20, 2014, Austin, Texas
- “Earth, Wind & Fire: A Discussion of Current Trends and Issues in Water, Wind and Solar Leases”, Texas Bankers Association Real Estate, Oil & Gas Conference, San Antonio, Texas, March, 2014
- Billie Hanks Enterprises, San Angelo, TX
- Double M Ranch, Co., San Angelo, TX
- EMA Electromechanics, LLC
- Ludlum Measurementts, Inc., Sweetwater, TX
- Ocho Gin
- Pneu Grip Clutch Co.
- Roscoe State Bank, Sweetwater, Roscoe and Bastrop, TX
- Sweetwater Enterprise for Economic Development, Inc.
- United Standard Insurance
- Texas Pacific Land Trust
Offers Free Initial Consultation
207 Oak StreetP.O. Box 78 Sweetwater, TX 79556
Monday-Friday: 8am - 12pm, 1pm - 5pm
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.