Enter legal issue and location
Staten Island Business Litigation Lawyer
In addition to extensive litigation experience, Mariam Zakhary’s post graduate mediation certification equips her with the unique ability to thoroughly explore and evaluate advances and novel legal strategies to position clients to obtain effective, efficient, and expedited resolutions of legal disputes. This approach is particularly suited to health care disputes, patient rights’ violations, nursing home disputes, business disagreements, disputes about inherited property, disagreements among business partners, and contract disputes.
Ms. Zakhary has been recognized as a premier mediator and is well known for her legal, analytical, and conciliation skills. She was chosen to mediate cases in the Civil Court of Staten Island and has successfully mediated hundreds of cases. Her success ratio is 90%.
As an attorney, court appointed mediator, active community member and recognized patient advocate, she empowers her clients through the use of mediation, negotiation, arbitration and litigation. She lectures on Health Care Disputes within Nursing Homes and is an active member of the Coptic Egyptian Christian Church in Staten Island, New York and speaks Arabic fluently.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
FindLaw.com is doing its part in combating fake reviews. All reviews:
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.