Newburyport Divorce Law Firm
When it comes to law firms in Boston and Massachusetts, Nigro, Pettepit & Lucas, LLP, has remained decisively in the forefront of new strategies and methods for resolving disputes, including taking a leading role in the development of conciliation programs in the probate, superior and district courts of Middlesex and Essex Counties.
Our experienced civil attorneys at Nigro, Pettepit & Lucas, LLP, represent clients in all areas of:
- Family Law and Divorce
- Probate Litigation and Estate Administration
- Dispute Resolution
- Estate Planning and Elder Law
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Real Estate Law and Land Disputes
- Serious Personal Injury and Disability Law
- Municipal law
- Car Accident Injury
The extensive experience of our attorneys enables Nigro, Pettepit & Lucas, LLP, to provide comprehensive, effective representation to our clients and their families at critical junctures throughout their lives - drafting or amending wills, assisting in starting a business or buying a home, providing zealous as well as compassionate advocacy in divorce, advising on estate and elder law issues and protecting our clients' rights in litigation. We are honored that many of our clients are referred to us by existing clients and other attorneys. In many cases our law firm has had the privilege of serving multiple generations of clients in the same families in Boston and Massachusetts.
Our attorneys are supported by a caring, professional and detail-oriented staff that serves as part of a team. They make sure our clients are kept informed about the status of their case and can always get their questions answered.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.