Enter legal issue and location
Shreveport Criminal Defense Lawyer
A native of Shreveport, Mr. Miciotto graduated from Loyola College Prep and later attained a degree in business from Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana...
A native of Shreveport, Mr. Miciotto graduated from Loyola College Prep and later attained a degree in business from Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana...Attorney Mark J. Miciotto is the founder of the Law Office of Mark J. Miciotto located in Shreveport, Louisiana. Mr. Miciotto practices in a variety of areas of law including family law, criminal defense, personal injury, successions, estates and other general civil matters.
A native of Shreveport, Mr. Miciotto graduated from Loyola College Prep and later attained a degree in business from Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana. He went on to earn his law degree from Southern University Law Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and is a member of the Kappa Alpha Order and the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International.
Mr. Miciotto gained valuable legal experience following law school by clerking for two judges in the First Judicial District Court in Caddo Parish, Louisiana. After spending two years clerking, he joined a private Louisiana law firm as an associate and later opened his own law firm in 2013. He has been admitted to practice law in all Louisiana state courts since 2010.
Mr. Miciotto devotes a large percentage of his law practice to litigation and has been involved in a wide variety of matters, representing a varied and diverse client base. He has been recognized for his accomplishments in the legal profession through publications including SB Magazine who named him a "Top Attorney."
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Miciotto stays involved in his legal community by providing services on a volunteer basis. He participates in groups such as the Ask-A-Lawyer Clinic, a monthly clinic that was established in 1998 by the Shreveport Bar Foundation.
About Mark Joseph Miciotto
Current Employment Position(s)
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Successions and Wills
- Louisiana, 2010
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, Louisiana
Fraternities and Sororities
- Kappa Alpha
- Phi Alpha Delta
628 Stoner AvenueSuite C Shreveport, LA 71101
Other Sources of Feedback About Mark Joseph Miciotto
Included on the 2024 Louisiana list
- 2023 Louisiana Super Lawyers list
- 2022 Louisiana Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Louisiana Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Louisiana Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Louisiana Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Louisiana Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Louisiana Super Lawyers list
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2017-2022
- Named a “Top Attorney" by SB Magazine
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.