Enter legal issue and location
Cleveland Commercial litigation Lawyer
About Andrew J. Yarger
- Commercial litigation
- Real estate
- Labor and Employment
- Intellectual property
- Appellate litigation
- Profession responsibility
- Risk management and compliance
- Assisted in obtaining a $15.6 million jury verdict for an asphalt manufacturer against one of the country’s largest aggregate companies and assisted in reinstating verdict on appeal to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Assisted in obtaining verdict of $2 million on behalf of the largest steel foundry in North American in connection with account receivable for train car components purchased in bankruptcy.
- Obtained judgment of $4.86 million against Chinese manufacturer of defective gearbox components for windmill turbines.
- Assisted in obtaining jury verdict of $744,602 for improperly withheld proceeds from the sale of apartment complexes.
- Successfully defended shareholder’s claim that several stock purchase agreements were obtained through fraud, removed complaining shareholders, and restructured companies.
- Assisted in obtaining jury verdict of $315,000 for company’s improper breach of employment agreement.
- Ohio, 2010
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 2010
Honors: Member of the National Moot Court Team, and Moot Court Board of Governors. Best Oralist of the 41st Annual Cleveland Marshall Moot Court Night
- Kalamazoo College, 2007
B.A. in English Literature and Political Science 2007
Honors: Awarded Honors for Senior Thesis. Awarded Honors for Comprehensive Exams in Political Theory
- Université des Sciences Humaines de Strasbourg , Strasbourg, France
Accepts Credit Cards
6105 Parkland BoulevardSuite 100 Cleveland, OH 44124
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.