Enter legal issue and location
Franklin Divorce Law Firm
About Rogers, Kamm & Shea
- Family Law
- Grandparents Rights
- Fathers Rights
- Same Sex Family Law
- National Directory of Who's Who in American Executives and Professionals, Membership Number 16531
- Honorary Member, Tennessee Association of Private Investigators
- "The First Amendment Option in Civil Rights Cases", The Tennessee Trial Lawyer, Vol. 7, No. 2, Summer, 1988
- "Divorce, It Will Affect Your Business Sooner or Later", Nashville Business Journal, Spring, 1997
- "If You Live Together, It Will Cost You", Nashville Bar Journal, Vol. 11, Issue 7, July, 2002
Classes and Seminars
Speaker, Spring and Fall Education Programs, Wills and Estates, YWCA, 1989 - Present
Instructor, Law Office Procedure, Domestic Relations and Corporations, Southeastern Paralegal Institute, 1984 - 1992
Speaker, "Prime Time" Program, Wills & Estates, Memorial Hospital, 1990 - 1992
Arbitration Training, American Arbitration Association, 1992
Mediation Training, American Arbitration Association, 1992
Speaker, New Lawyers Seminar, Law Office Management, 1990 - 1993
Speaker, Capital Gain and Valuation, Tax Aspects of Divorce in Tennessee, 1993
Speaker, Mediation Tax Consequences, Key Issues in Family Law, 1993
Speaker, Child Custody & Visitation in Tennessee, Experts and Modification of Decrees, National Business Institute, October 27, 1994
Speaker, Ethical Considerations in Family Law, Nashville Bar Association Convention, July 14, 1994
Speaker, Podiatric Malpractice Featuring Dr. Brian Bacardi, ABC's 20/20, April 14, 1995
Speaker, Paralegals in Family Law Practice, Ethics and Appellate Procedure, National Business Institute, May 11, 1995
Speaker, Child Custody and Visitation in Tennessee, Ethics, Experts and Change of Custody, NBI, December 12, 1995
Speaker, Mock Trial, Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Issues, Certified Property and Casualty Underwriters Annual Meeting, March 14, 1996
Speaker, Education Program, Estate Planning and Trusts, Nashville YWCA, May 7, 1996 - May 30, 1996
Speaker, Pre-Nuptial Agreements, Ethics, Modification and Litigation, September 26, 1996
Civil Mediation Training, Dispute Resolution Services David Strawn, 1996
Speaker, Pre-Nuptial Seminar, Legal Rights, Modification, Provisions & Drafting, Nashville YWCA, May 13, 1997
Speaker, Advising Family Business in Tennessee, Heritage Professional Publishing, October 22, 1997
Speaker, Ethics and Procedures, Adoption Law, NBI, October 8, 1997
Speaker, Domestic Law, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, 1997 - 1998
Speaker, Wills & Trusts, People's Law School, 1998
Speaker, Ethics, Grounds for Divorce, Domestic Relations in Tennessee, NBI, January 15, 1998
Speaker, Recent Developments in Sexual Harassment Cases, Middle Tennessee Claims Managers Council, October 2, 1998
Advanced Mediation, Tennessee Bar, 1999
Speaker, Procedure and Ethics, Adoption Law, NBI, March 16, 1999
Speaker, Seminar on Cases Study of Jackie Beard Case, Tennessee Association of Private Investigators, Annual Meeting, June 2, 2001
Speaker, Ethics: Know Your Rules, Know Your Role, Family Law, NBA, October 2, 2003
Speaker, What's New in Domestic Law, Williamson County Bar, March 5, 2004
Speaker, Practical Application of the New Child Support Guidelines, Nashville Bar Association, February 9, 2005
Speaker, 2005 Child Support, Williamson County Bar Guidelines, February 8, 2005
Speaker, Update of Domestic Law, Williamson County Bar, February 4, 2006
- Presenter, Significant Topics in Domestic Law, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Assn., April 6, 2006
- Adventist Risk Management
- Brauer Material Handling
- Kentucky-Tennessee Conference, Association of Seventh-Day Adventists
- Cowden v. Sovran Bank/Central South, 816 S.W.2d 741, WL 96269 (Tenn. 1991)
- Dailey v. Southern Heel Co., 785 S.W.2d 344 (Tenn. 1990)
- Cullum & Maxey Camping Center, Inc. v. Adams, 640 S.W.2d 22 (Tenn. App. 1982)
- Baxter v. State of Tennessee, Dept. Of Corrections, 831 F 2d 293 (6th Cir. 1987)
- Eden v. Eden, 1997 WL 92076 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Stanbury v. Bacardi, 1996 WL 200338, 953 S.W.2d 671 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Blumer v. Blumer, 1995 WL 414872 (Tenn.App. 1995)
- Payne v. Wilson, 1995 WL 33747 (Tenn.App. 1995)
- Dorris v. Dorris, 1993 WL 380778 (Tenn.App. 1993)
- Hazlehurst v. Hazlehurst, 1993 WL 115674 (Tenn.App. 1993)
- Marchetti v. Marchetti, 1993 WL 11711 (Tenn.App. 1993)
- Johnson v. Johnson, 1991 WL 169568 (Tenn.App. 1991)
- Nelson v. Bruce, 1990 WL 31743 (Tenn.App. 1990)
- Sibert v. State, 1989 WL 126710 (Tenn.App. 1989)
- Frenchman v. Third Nat. Bank, 1989 WL 100263 (Tenn.App. 1989)
- Willoughby v. Parker, 1988 WL 46201 (Tenn.App. 1988)
- Anderson v. Anderson, 1986 WL 14442 (Tenn.App. 1986)
- Laird v. Laird, 1986 WL 14042 (Tenn.App. 1986)
- Thompson v. American Holding Corp., 1986 WL 5542 (Tenn.App. 1986)
- Hogan v. Coyne Int'l Enterprises Corp., 996 S.W.2d 195 (Tenn.App. 1998)
- Boyd v. Tenn. State University, 848 F.Supp 111 (M.D.Tenn. 1994)
- Tolar v. City of Cookesville, 952 S.W.2d 831 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- McFarlin v. Watts, 895 S.W.2d 687 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Wright v. Quillen, 75 S.W.3d 413 (Tenn.App. 2001)
- Wright v. Quillen, 83 S.W.3d 768, 2002 WL 13045 (Tenn.App. 2002)
- Miller v. Miller ,(Tenn.Ct.App. 2003)
- Milam v. Milam, 2002 WL 662026 (Tenn.Ct.App. 2002)
- Kornblee v. Kornblee, 2001 WL 109385 (Tenn.App. 2001)
- Crowell v. Crowell, 2000 WL 688568 (Tenn.App. 2000)
- Evans v. Abdullah, 1999 WL 20777 (Tenn.App. 1999)
- Kincaid v. Kincaid, 1999 WL 1271715 (Tenn.App. 1999)
- Irwin v. Irwin, 1998 WL 726632 (Tenn.App. 1998)
- Rogers v. Watts, 1997 WL 367477 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Moorehead v. Lincoln & Donelson Care Center, 1997 WL 675455 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Sun Trust Bank
Accepts Credit Cards
317 Main Street Suite 206 Franklin, TN 37064
Monday - Thursday 8 am to 5 pm
Rogers, Shea & Spanos (Main Office) The Wind in the Willows Mansion 2205 State Street Nashville, TN 37203 888-521-9952
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.