Enter legal issue and location
Franklin Divorce Law Firm
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Rogers, Kamm & Shea
- Family Law
- Grandparents Rights
- Fathers Rights
- Same Sex Family Law
- National Directory of Who's Who in American Executives and Professionals, Membership Number 16531
- Honorary Member, Tennessee Association of Private Investigators
- "The First Amendment Option in Civil Rights Cases", The Tennessee Trial Lawyer, Vol. 7, No. 2, Summer, 1988
- "Divorce, It Will Affect Your Business Sooner or Later", Nashville Business Journal, Spring, 1997
- "If You Live Together, It Will Cost You", Nashville Bar Journal, Vol. 11, Issue 7, July, 2002
Classes and Seminars
- Speaker, Spring and Fall Education Programs, Wills and Estates, YWCA, 1989 - Present
- Instructor, Law Office Procedure, Domestic Relations and Corporations, Southeastern Paralegal Institute, 1984 - 1992
- Speaker, "Prime Time" Program, Wills & Estates, Memorial Hospital, 1990 - 1992
- Arbitration Training, American Arbitration Association, 1992
- Mediation Training, American Arbitration Association, 1992
- Speaker, New Lawyers Seminar, Law Office Management, 1990 - 1993
- Speaker, Capital Gain and Valuation, Tax Aspects of Divorce in Tennessee, 1993
- Speaker, Mediation Tax Consequences, Key Issues in Family Law, 1993
- Speaker, Child Custody & Visitation in Tennessee, Experts and Modification of Decrees, National Business Institute, October 27, 1994
- Speaker, Ethical Considerations in Family Law, Nashville Bar Association Convention, July 14, 1994
- Speaker, Podiatric Malpractice Featuring Dr. Brian Bacardi, ABC's 20/20, April 14, 1995
- Speaker, Paralegals in Family Law Practice, Ethics and Appellate Procedure, National Business Institute, May 11, 1995
- Speaker, Child Custody and Visitation in Tennessee, Ethics, Experts and Change of Custody, NBI, December 12, 1995
- Speaker, Mock Trial, Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Issues, Certified Property and Casualty Underwriters Annual Meeting, March 14, 1996
- Speaker, Education Program, Estate Planning and Trusts, Nashville YWCA, May 7, 1996 - May 30, 1996
- Speaker, Pre-Nuptial Agreements, Ethics, Modification and Litigation, September 26, 1996
- Civil Mediation Training, Dispute Resolution Services David Strawn, 1996
- Speaker, Pre-Nuptial Seminar, Legal Rights, Modification, Provisions & Drafting, Nashville YWCA, May 13, 1997
- Speaker, Advising Family Business in Tennessee, Heritage Professional Publishing, October 22, 1997
- Speaker, Ethics and Procedures, Adoption Law, NBI, October 8, 1997
- Speaker, Domestic Law, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, 1997 - 1998
- Speaker, Wills & Trusts, People's Law School, 1998
- Speaker, Ethics, Grounds for Divorce, Domestic Relations in Tennessee, NBI, January 15, 1998
- Speaker, Recent Developments in Sexual Harassment Cases, Middle Tennessee Claims Managers Council, October 2, 1998
- Advanced Mediation, Tennessee Bar, 1999
- Speaker, Procedure and Ethics, Adoption Law, NBI, March 16, 1999
- Speaker, Seminar on Cases Study of Jackie Beard Case, Tennessee Association of Private Investigators, Annual Meeting, June 2, 2001
- Speaker, Ethics: Know Your Rules, Know Your Role, Family Law, NBA, October 2, 2003
- Speaker, What's New in Domestic Law, Williamson County Bar, March 5, 2004
- Speaker, Practical Application of the New Child Support Guidelines, Nashville Bar Association, February 9, 2005
- Speaker, 2005 Child Support, Williamson County Bar Guidelines, February 8, 2005
- Speaker, Update of Domestic Law, Williamson County Bar, February 4, 2006
- Presenter, Significant Topics in Domestic Law, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Assn., April 6, 2006
- Adventist Risk Management
- Brauer Material Handling
- Kentucky-Tennessee Conference, Association of Seventh-Day Adventists
- Cowden v. Sovran Bank/Central South, 816 S.W.2d 741, WL 96269 (Tenn. 1991)
- Dailey v. Southern Heel Co., 785 S.W.2d 344 (Tenn. 1990)
- Cullum & Maxey Camping Center, Inc. v. Adams, 640 S.W.2d 22 (Tenn. App. 1982)
- Baxter v. State of Tennessee, Dept. Of Corrections, 831 F 2d 293 (6th Cir. 1987)
- Eden v. Eden, 1997 WL 92076 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Stanbury v. Bacardi, 1996 WL 200338, 953 S.W.2d 671 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Blumer v. Blumer, 1995 WL 414872 (Tenn.App. 1995)
- Payne v. Wilson, 1995 WL 33747 (Tenn.App. 1995)
- Dorris v. Dorris, 1993 WL 380778 (Tenn.App. 1993)
- Hazlehurst v. Hazlehurst, 1993 WL 115674 (Tenn.App. 1993)
- Marchetti v. Marchetti, 1993 WL 11711 (Tenn.App. 1993)
- Johnson v. Johnson, 1991 WL 169568 (Tenn.App. 1991)
- Nelson v. Bruce, 1990 WL 31743 (Tenn.App. 1990)
- Sibert v. State, 1989 WL 126710 (Tenn.App. 1989)
- Frenchman v. Third Nat. Bank, 1989 WL 100263 (Tenn.App. 1989)
- Willoughby v. Parker, 1988 WL 46201 (Tenn.App. 1988)
- Anderson v. Anderson, 1986 WL 14442 (Tenn.App. 1986)
- Laird v. Laird, 1986 WL 14042 (Tenn.App. 1986)
- Thompson v. American Holding Corp., 1986 WL 5542 (Tenn.App. 1986)
- Hogan v. Coyne Int'l Enterprises Corp., 996 S.W.2d 195 (Tenn.App. 1998)
- Boyd v. Tenn. State University, 848 F.Supp 111 (M.D.Tenn. 1994)
- Tolar v. City of Cookesville, 952 S.W.2d 831 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- McFarlin v. Watts, 895 S.W.2d 687 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Wright v. Quillen, 75 S.W.3d 413 (Tenn.App. 2001)
- Wright v. Quillen, 83 S.W.3d 768, 2002 WL 13045 (Tenn.App. 2002)
- Miller v. Miller ,(Tenn.Ct.App. 2003)
- Milam v. Milam, 2002 WL 662026 (Tenn.Ct.App. 2002)
- Kornblee v. Kornblee, 2001 WL 109385 (Tenn.App. 2001)
- Crowell v. Crowell, 2000 WL 688568 (Tenn.App. 2000)
- Evans v. Abdullah, 1999 WL 20777 (Tenn.App. 1999)
- Kincaid v. Kincaid, 1999 WL 1271715 (Tenn.App. 1999)
- Irwin v. Irwin, 1998 WL 726632 (Tenn.App. 1998)
- Rogers v. Watts, 1997 WL 367477 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Moorehead v. Lincoln & Donelson Care Center, 1997 WL 675455 (Tenn.App. 1997)
- Sun Trust Bank
Accepts Credit Cards
317 Main StreetSuite 206 Franklin, TN 37064
Monday - Thursday 8 am to 5 pm
Rogers, Shea & Spanos (Main Office) The Wind in the Willows Mansion 2205 State Street Nashville, TN 37203 888-521-9952
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.