Enter legal issue and location
Chicago Divorce & Family Law Lawyer
Gail M. O'Connor is known as a strong litigator who guides her clients through their toughest transition periods. Whether the case calls for practiced trial skills, appellate drafting and argument, or skilled and thoughtful negotiations, Gail M. O'Connor has the know-how and skills to protect you, your assets and your children in the divorce, custody, and child support process.
About Gail M. O'Connor
Current Employment Position(s)
- Owner and Principal
- Divorce & Family Law 100%
- Illinois, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1996
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Classes and Seminars
- Divorce Boot Camp, IICLE, 2013 - Present
- IICLE Webinar Presenter for Family Law Series
- YLD Committee Presenter for Primer on Child Support and the Impact of In re Marriage of Turk, Chicago Bar Association
- O'Connor Family Law, PC, 2002 - 2014
- Law Offices of Leslie L. Veon, 2000 - 2002
- Leonard T. Timpone, PC, 1997 - 2000
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
Honors: Moot Court Honor Society
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1993
Accepts Credit Cards
30 North LaSalle StreetSuite 3216 Chicago, IL 60602
8:30am to 5:00pm M-F
Other Sources of Feedback About Gail M. O'Connor
Included on the 2023 Illinois list
- 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- Hispanic Lawyers Association, 2019
- Leading Lawyer, 2013 - 2019
- AV Preeminent Rated, 2000 - 2014
- 40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch, 2009
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell
- Ten Leaders- Matrimonial & Divorce Law, Chicago, Illinois, Age 45 & Under, 2013
- Illinois Super Lawyers
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.