Enter legal issue and location
Rogers Bankruptcy Lawyer
Chris is a member of the Arkansas bar and is also admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas and the United States Tax Court...
Chris is a member of the Arkansas bar and is also admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas and the United States Tax Court... J. Christopher Harris is a partner with the law firm of Hatfield Harris, PLLC located in Rogers, Arkansas. Chris concentrates his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, taxation (including tax return preparation, tax exempt organizations, tax planning and tax litigation), business entity formation and planning, and estate planning.
Chris is a member of the Arkansas bar and is also admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas and the United States Tax Court. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law on May 8, 1999, and he graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington on August 23, 1991, with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Before entering law school, Chris worked for the Internal Revenue Service in its Employee Plans and Exempt Organizations Division.
Chris is an active member of the Northwest Arkansas community, currently serving as Treasurer of the Optimist Club of Rogers. He is Past-Chairman of the Board of Directors for Main Street Rogers, Inc., past Director of Classical Ballet Academy and was a founding director for Benton County Charter School Organization, Inc. which started one of the first charter schools in Arkansas.
About J. Christopher Harris
Current Employment Position(s)
- Estate planning
- Arkansas, 1999
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 2002
- U.S. Tax Court, 1999
Pro Bono Activities
- Optimist Club of Rogers, 2000 - Present
- Main Street Rogers, 2005 - 2008
- Keith Miller Butler & Webb, PLLC, Associate, 2001 - 2007
- Butler Law Firm, PLLC, Associate, 1999 - 2001
- University of Arkansas, School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1999
- University of Texas - Arlington, Arlington, Texas, 1991
Major: Political Science
Accepts Credit Cards
5208 Village Parkway Suite 9 Rogers, AR 72758
Monday-Friday : 8:00am-5:00pm
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.