Enter legal issue and location
Destin Family Law Firm
About Winter Spires & Associates, P.A.
- Family Law
- Reproductive Law
- Construction Law
- Civil Litigation
- Military Divorce
- Consumer Protection Law
- Debt Law
- Residential Sales & Purchases
- Foreclosure Alternatives
- Business & Commercial
- Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Real Estate Law
Classes and Seminars
- Volunteer- Emerald Coast Children's Advocacy Center, 2011 - Present
- Volunteer- Emerald Coast Ronald McDonald House, 2007 - Present
- Winter Spires (Managing Partner) 1 Reviews
Accepts Credit Cards
4300 Legendary Dr.Suite 204 Destin, FL 32541- 8446
Winter Spires & Associates, P.A. 2880 Green Street Marianna, FL 32446 850-502-2241
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
My spouse and I hired Ms. Spires to assist us with a property dispute. She made us feel comfortable. She always answered our questions promptly and thoroughly. She was always prepared and accomplished the outcome that we desired. We highly recommend Ms. Spires.
Recommends this Law Firm
I, unlike the previous reviewer, had no problem paying the consultation fee. In my experience this is typical and to be expected of law firms. We had an excellent consultation, the feedback that I received was very detailed and informative. We decided to hire Ms. Spires and have been very pleased with her work thus far.
After my wife passed in 2015 I hired them to handle retrieving money from a joint account that was frozen. Needless to say, I will never make that mistake again. This experience was very frustrating. After asking for an invoice on a bill I received, after I believed all payments had been rendered (2017),I never heard back from them. Fast forward now to 2021 and I am now receiving another invoice saying I still owe money. This should speak volumes to anyone worried about time being a factor. I would rather just pay what they think I owe than have to deal with them any further. The quality I expected for the amount of money I paid was just not there. I would caution to shop around. Many other better options are out there.
I called up and gave specific info on my case. They said I had to do a consult for $200. I asked why should I pay $200 when there is a chance it isn't a type of case they do. The response was you have to talk to a lawyer and find out. Don't even bother calling these guys.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.