Enter legal issue and location
Kansas City Criminal Law Firm
About The Law Office of Andrew T. Christie, LLC
- Violent Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Drug Violations
- Child Pornography
- Andrew Christie (Sole Practitioner) 5 Reviews
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy. Kansas City, MO 64116
24 Hours A Day
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
MIRACLE WORKER! My new friend/employer hired Mr. Christie in 2020. It was a month before my pre trial conference for 8 felony charges in Lafayette County occurring in 2018. My Public Defender said 10yrs or trial, I choose trial and bonded out. Posting bond disqualifies defendants for a public defender, therefore I was forced to pro se. I filed a couple motions,resulting in more felony charges and bond revocation. This is when the boss retained Mr.Christie. I also continued to consult with other attorneys regarding my charges despite it being frowned upon. Mr. Christie remained calm, reserved, and consistent in his approach with me as well as his approach to the D.A. and Judge. 6 out of 7 lawyers told me there was no way I was not going to D.O.C.. The one who said he sees an angle for probation was Mr. Christie and he was astonishingly accurate! I spoke with Judges that practice part-time criminal defense in Lafayette also with lawyers practicing there for 30+ years. These guys wanted double the amount I paid Mr. Christie and they each said I would still go to D.O.C. for some time. This last Mr. Christie just kept repeating that I needed to trust him, but I didn't. I doubted him and even lashed out at one point. He never lied, he never promised me anything, he never made me feel judged, and he paid attention to my well being. If you are reading this you are thinking about retaining him and I want to encourage you to do it now, you will not find a better option specifically anywhere in Lafayette County.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.