Saddle Brook Healthcare Law Lawyer
Mr. Goldsmith's practice also includes the zealous representation of healthcare ...
Mr. Goldsmith's practice also includes the zealous representation of healthcare ...Jordan Goldsmith's practice includes all aspects of healthcare law. Mr. Goldsmith particularly concentrates in the areas of medical malpractice and significant personal injury, and takes great pride in representing people injured as a result of the negligent acts of others. Through his disciplined preparation and dedicated advocacy, Mr. Goldsmith has achieved several large awards on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Goldsmith's practice also includes the zealous representation of healthcare professionals in the review of employment agreements and before the State Board of Medical Examiners, Office of Professional Medical Conduct, Alcohol and Drug Counselor Committee and the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Goldsmith served as an Assistant Prosecutor with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, where he was lead counsel in hundreds of matters ranging from homicides to white collar crimes. His involvement often began in the initial investigative stages and ended with a plea or trial. Prior to joining the Prosecutor's Office, Mr. Goldsmith served as law clerk to the Hon. Mary K. Costello, P.J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division.
Mr. Goldsmith teaches a course, "Compliance, Regulatory and Legal Issues in Healthcare," to undergraduates at the Teaneck campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University. He has been named a "New Leader of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal. I am included in (201) Magazine's list of Bergen's "Top Lawyers" in Medical Malpractice for 2020 as well. Additionally, I received recognition one of the "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal.
See Awards and Honors Methodology
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.