Enter legal issue and location
Prairieville Personal Injury Lawyer
Nick was born and raised in Ascension Parish, graduating from St. Amant High School. He graduated from Southeastern Louisiana University and obtained his law degree from Southern University Law Center in 2014...
Nick was born and raised in Ascension Parish, graduating from St. Amant High School. He graduated from Southeastern Louisiana University and obtained his law degree from Southern University Law Center in 2014...Nick Abbott is a partner at Abbott Prescott. His practice covers numerous fields of law, including criminal defense, family law, personal injury, estate planning, contractor claims, contract disputes, collections, and other civil matters.
Nick was born and raised in Ascension Parish, graduating from St. Amant High School. He graduated from Southeastern Louisiana University and obtained his law degree from Southern University Law Center in 2014. Nick is admitted to practice before all Courts within the State of Louisiana, the United States District Court for the Eastern District, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, 21st Judicial District Bar Association, and 23rd Judicial District Court Bar Association.
In addition to his primary job functions with Abbott Prescott, Nick is an Adjunct Professor at his alma mater, Southern University Law Center.
Nick married his law school study-partner, Janeane Abbott, and besides running a law practice they raise two children, Lily and Luke.
About Nicholas Z. Abbott
- Personal Injury
- Car Wrecks
- Criminal Defense
- Estate Planning
- Wills, Trusts, and Successions
- Contractor Claims
- Contract Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Misdemeanors and Felonies
- Traffic Tickets
- Drug Charges
- Domestic Abuse
- Child Support
- Protective Orders
- Louisiana, 2014
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- 21st Judicial District Bar Association
- 23rd Judicial District Bar Association
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, Louisiana
- Adjunct Professor at Southern University Law Center
16260 Airline HighwaySuite E Prairieville, LA 70769
Mon to Fri 08:00 am – 05:00 pm – By Appointment Only
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.