Enter legal issue and location
Livermore Family Law Lawyer
He graduated Cum Laude from California School of Law where he received numerous awards.
A father of three, Shane understands the importance of bringing a balanced approach to his work as a family law attorney. He has served as a member of the school board for over 10 years and has experience as a Real Estate Broker. As such, Shane appreciates the complexity of family, property, finances and divorce.
He is also experienced at assisting people in enforcing their court orders. He is well versed in the process of preparing filing and serving the documents necessary to withhold wages, place liens on property as well as pursuing contempt charges when warranted.
Shane is adept at both negotiation and litigation. He respects the importance of reaching agreements but is fully prepared to advocate for his client's positions in court. He has a great deal of experience negotiating to try to settle his client’s matters and the skills to fight for his client’s rights when it is necessary.
If you are looking for an advocate; someone who will help you through the difficult maze of the family law court system; someone who will help you settle your matter when appropriate or fight for you when required, Shane has the experience, knowledge and skills that you are looking for.
About Shane C. Nielson
Current Employment Position(s)
- Managing Attorney
- Family Law
Accepts Credit Cards
101 East Vineyard AveSuite 201 Livermore, CA 94550
Other Sources of Feedback About Shane C. Nielson
Included on the 2023 Northern California list
- 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Northern California Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.