Enter legal issue and location
Tara M. Rojas - Sacramento, CA
655 University Ave.Ste. 240 Sacramento, CA 95825
Rojas Family Law, Inc.
Sacramento Family Law Lawyer
Tara knows that not all divorces are created equal, and she works quickly at the beginning of each case to craft a sound strategy for each client's particular needs. Her clients depend on her to effectively navigate her way through complicated issues and to leave no stone unturned. She relates to her clients and prioritizes their goals and concerns by applying legal analysis to the facts of their cases to obtain the best results possible. While Tara's first goal is to help her clients reach a creative solution through settlement negotiations, she will not hesitate to become a client's zealous advocate if a dispute cannot be resolved without litigation. Tara is also a certified mediator with over 40 hours of training. She has helped mediate numerous, contentious dissolution of marriage cases to full settlement. Tara is also a member of the Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group and is available to represent clients through the collaborative divorce process.
Tara was the valedictorian of her law school class at Pacific McGeorge where she earned a myriad of other awards and honors. She worked full-time during law school, attending courses at night, traveling 80 miles to and from campus, all while raising a family. She is described by friends and family as "the hardest working person in town."
Tara was raised in a military family and spent her childhood traveling and living abroad. When Tara's family finally "landed" back in the United States, they settled at Travis AFB, and Tara has been a California girl ever since. In her spare time, Tara loves to spend time with her husband David and her two children, Johnny and Vanessa.
About Tara M. Rojas
Current Employment Position(s)
- English (Primary)
- Family Law
- California, 2014
Specialties and Certifications
- Certified Mediator
- Certified Family Law Specialist
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento, 2015 - Present (Board Member)
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court (Member)
- Solano County Bar Association (Member)
- Sacramento County Bar Association (Member)
- Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- California Bar Association (Including Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections) (Member)
Pro Bono Activities
- WEAVE, Walk a Mile Event Attendee, 2014
- One Day Divorce Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2014
- Housing & Mediation Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2014
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
Honors: With High Distinction
Honors: Class Valedictorian
Honors: Order of the Coif
Honors: Amicus Lex Scholar
Honors: Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
Honors: Witkin Awards: Family Law; Legal Research/Writing I and II; Criminal Procedure; Taking and Defending Depositions
Honors: Dean’s Honor’s List
Honors: Finalist: First Year Mock Trial Competition
- Saint Mary’s College of California
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Major: Business Administration
Accepts Credit Cards
- Adjunct Professor in Family Law at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Divorce Cases From Start to Finish for Paralegals, Presenter, National Business Institute ("NBI"), May, 2018
- Valuation of Assets in a Divorce Proceeding, Presenter, Sacramento County Law Library, March, 2018
- Relocation: Should I Stay or Can I Go? Presenter, Sacramento County Law Library, April, 2017
- Relocation Cases for the Family Law Paralegal, Presenter, National Business Institute ("NBI"), January, 2017
- Valuation of Assets in a Divorce Proceeding, Presenter, Sacramento County Law Library, October, 2015
- Divorce Cases From Start to Finish for Paralegals, Presenter, National Business Institute ("NBI"), November, 2014
655 University Ave.Ste. 240 Sacramento, CA 95825
8:00am - 5:00pm
Other Sources of Feedback About Tara M. Rojas
Included on the 2023 Northern California list
- 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- Northern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 - 2020
- 10 Best Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017 - 2020
- Best of the Bar - Family Law, Sacramento Business Journal, 2017 - 2020
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.