MARILYNN FRANGELLA: Born Chicago, Illinois, January 10, 1975; admitted to Illinois Bar in 2000 and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois. Education: DePaul University (B.A. 1997); The John Marshall Law School (J.D. 2000). Member DuPage County, Will County and Kankakee County Bar Associations. Ms. Frangella has tried in excess of 50 jury trials.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.