Enter legal issue and location
Prairieville Personal Injury Lawyer
She graduated Cum Laude from Southern University Law Center in May 2011, and was admitted to the practice of law in the State of Louisiana in October 2011. Jennifer has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Louisiana and all Courts within the State of Louisiana, the United States District Court for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She is an active member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, Baton Rouge Bar Association, 23rd Judicial District Court Bar Association, Louisiana Association for Justice, and Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys. Jennifer volunteers her time with the Baton Rouge Bar Association's Pro Bono Project Self Help Desk, the Ascension Parish Self Help Desk, and various other opportunities throughout the year. Jennifer was recently honored with the 2020 Louisiana State Bar Association Pro Bono Publico Award for her service to the community.
Jennifer is married to J. Philip Prescott, Jr., an Assistant District Attorney in the 40th Judicial District Court, and they have two sons. The Prescotts are active members of Jefferson United Methodist Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and bleed Purple & Gold - Geaux Tigers!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer at (225) 406-7474 ext. 2 or at Jennifer@AbbottPrescott.com.
About Jennifer Prescott
- Personal Injury
- Car Wrecks
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Slip & Fall
- Misdemeanors and Felonies
- DWI & Traffic Tickets
- Child Custody and Support
- Louisiana, 2011
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- 23rd Judicial District Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Pro Bono Activities
- Baton Rouge Bar Association Self Help Resource Center
- 23rd JDC Self Help Desk
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2011
Honors: cum laude
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
16260 Airline HighwaySuite E Prairieville, LA 70769
Mon to Fri 08:00 am – 05:00 pm – By Appointment Only
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.