San Juan Labor and Employment Law Lawyer
Mr. Meléndez...Romel E. Meléndez-Fred is a Senior Associate in the Labor and Employment Law Department of Goldman Antonetti & Córdova LLC. His practice includes labor, employment and civil litigation matters.
Mr. Meléndez-Fred has a bachelor's degree in Accounting from the University of Puerto Rico (magna cum laude), and a Juris Doctor from the University of Puerto Rico School of Law (magna cum laude). As a law student, he was Senior Editor of Volume 81 of the University of Puerto Rico's Law Review. Before joining the firm he worked as a Law Clerk in the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.