Enter legal issue and location
Fresno Personal Injury Law Firm
1775 Fulton St #101 Fresno, CA 93721
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
The May Firm (Main Office) 297 Santa Rosa Street San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 800-549-6145
The May Firm 2530 Professional Pkwy Suite A Santa Maria, CA 93455 800-549-6145
The May Firm 701 E. Santa Clara Street Ventura, CA 93001 800-549-6145
The May Firm 5500 Ming Avenue Suite 390 Bakersfield, CA 93309 661-244-9712
The May Firm 629 State Street Suite 228 Santa Barbara, CA 93101 800-549-6145
The May Firm 853 Atlantic Ave Suite 201 Long Beach, CA 90813 (562) 800-0529
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.