Enter legal issue and location
Austin Patents & Trademarks Law Firm
About The Wendt Firm
Previous Law Firm Name
- Townsend & Townsend, September 1, 1989
- 3M Company, August 1, 1991
- Air Liquide, April 1, 1995
- Winstead PC, April 1, 2001
- English (Primary)
- Patents & Trademarks 70%
- Trade Secrets 5%
- Copyrights 5%
- Legal Opinions 5%
- License and Non-Disclosure Agreements 15%
- Elected President of National Association of Patent Practitioners , 2015 - 2017
- "Confidentiality Agreements: Prelude to Licensing" , Licensing Executives Society, 1998
- "Global Patent Strategies", Gulf Coast Conference, 2001
Classes and Seminars
- Panel Moderator, Inventor/Law Firm Exercise, National Association of Patent Practitioners Annual Meeting, - 2017
- “Comments on Patent Agent Privilege and In re Silver”, Atlanta Patent Agents Club, - 2017
- “How to Support Relative Claim Terms”, National Association of Patent Practitioners Annual Meeting, - 2016
- “How to Support Relative Claim Terms”, USPTO Dallas Regional Office, - 2016
- “Equations of Change – How Patent Law Has Changed, and Will Change in the Future”, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Spring Meeting, Houston, - 2012
- “Team Logos: Historical, Societal, and Legal Evolution”, presented at “A Mirror of Our Culture: Sport and Society in America”, St. Norbert College and the Green Bay Packers, - 2012
- "Confidentiality Agreements: Prelude to Licensing" , Licensing Executives Society, Chicago, - 1998
- "Global Patent Strategies", Gulf Coast Conference, - 2001
- "Protecting Your Intellectual Property", Southwest BioVenture Conference & Symposium, - 2002
- "Corporate Securities and Patents: How to Avoid Securities Liability for Misstatements of Patent Coverage", Houston Bar Association, - 2003
- Johns Manville
- W.R. Wagner Family LP
- Blade Energy Partners, Inc.
- Frontier Deepwater Appraisal Solutions
- Linde AG
- Robert D. Touslee, Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property, Johns Manville
- Wayne R. Wagner
- Robert Pilko, Counsel, Blade Energy Partners
- Roy B. Shilling, President, Frontier Deepwater
- Phil Von Neida, Senior Counsel – Intellectual Property, Linde North America, Inc.
- Jeffrey Lee Wendt (President, The Wendt Firm, P.C. )
Offers Free Initial Consultation
PO Box 26010 Austin, TX 78755
M-Th 9AM-5PM, Friday 9AM-12PM
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
I called the Wendt firm with a copyright issue that I had. While this was not their speciality, they still spent a good bit of time on the phone with me providing the information that they could. It was extremely helpful to my understanding of the situation and he was completely honest that he wasn't the right person for my particular situation and that hiring him wasn't the right choice. He also gave me several tips on how to find the right lawyer for my situation. That kind of honesty is rare and I appreciate it completely.
Recommends this Law Firm
Very thorough and quick to respond to questions. Felt confident the work was being done diligently.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.