Denver Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning Lawyer
Ryan began his professional career as a business consultant in the Bay Area, and after several years he decided to attend law school. In the early part of his career as an attorney Ryan focused primarily on real estate matters, and he continues to enjoy working with clients on real estate related issues as part of his role in helping them with estate planning, disability and long-term care planning, probate and trust matters, and protected proceedings. He regularly teaches seminars for the public and for other professionals on topics related to his areas of practice.
When not working, Ryan is an active member of his church and community, and he likes to spend time with his wife and four boys, who share his love of the outdoors, swimming, and travel.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.