Enter legal issue and location
Buffalo Divorce Law Firm
Combining the relative strengths of two of the region's top family law attorneys, the law firm of Mattingly Cavagnaro LLP in Buffalo, New York, is fully prepared to help families across the area with their most important and sensitive legal issues.
Attorneys Christopher Mattingly and Melissa Cavagnaro possess over 30 years of combined legal experience focusing solely on family and matrimonial law, and they established their boutique law firm as a way to deliver the highest level of advocacy and support possible to families in need.
Handling all areas of family law, they and their dedicated associate attorney, Rebecca J. Brawn, can help you navigate through all areas of your divorce, including child custody and support, property division, alimony, and other related matters, and they have extensive experience handling high-asset divorces and complex property distributions. Utilizing a vast network of professional resources and financial experts, they can help you properly valuate your business and other important assets to help ensure you receive your fair and equitable share.
Along with handling all aspects of divorce and property valuations, they can devise prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to help you protect yourself and your assets in the event of a divorce, as well as represent your interests during any modifications or enforcements of existing court orders. If you are looking to expand your family through adoption, they can help with that too.
No matter how complex your needs or the specific goals you wish to achieve, you can count on Mattingly Cavagnaro LLP for the personalized, compassionate counsel you deserve during your difficult and uncertain time. For more information, you can contact their law office or visit their website to schedule an initial consultation.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Mattingly Cavagnaro LLP
- Family Law
Accepts Credit Cards
500 Pearl StreetSuite 810 Buffalo, NY 14202
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.