Mankato General Practice Lawyer
Brent Peterson is a third generation lawyer, born and raised in greater Mankato. Brent’s work focuses on real estate, estate planning and litigation. He graduated from the University of St. Thomas School of Law in 2016, where he was a Presidential Scholarship recipient and won Dean’s Awards for Constitutional Law, Property Law, Family Law, Secured Transactions and Appellate Brief Writing. As a law student he worked as a law clerk for both the Third Judicial District Public Defender’s Office and Ramsey County Attorney’s Office.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.